MEDIA INSTRUCTOR, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR; ASBURY PARK, NJ & LOS ANGELES, CA (JAN 2015 – PRESENT)
Worked as a Freelance Media Instructor, teaching filmmaking, audio recording and digital music production.
- Digital Histories – teaching documentary filmmaking and principles of storytelling to Senior citizens as part of Visual Communication’s Digital Histories program. Visual Communications is a community-based non-profit media arts organization based in Los Angeles.
- Hip Hop Audio Recording and Production – A supervised study in conjunction with the Hip Hop Institute at the Boys & Girls Club (Asbury Park, NJ) teaching vocal recording and digital audio production.
- Business and Art of Recording – A supervised study in conjunction with Rider University (Lawrenceville, NJ) teaching music business.
- Audio Engineering & EDM – A supervised study at the Lakehouse Recording Studio and Music Academy (Asbury Park, NJ) with a focus on using digital instruments (Ableton Live) and analogue recording techniques to create music.
CINEMATOGRAPHER / CAMERA OPERATOR / EDITOR, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR; NEW YORK, NY & LOS ANGELES, CA (NOV 2011 – PRESENT)
Shot, edited and assisted in the production of various pharmaceutical industrials, reality television series, behind the scenes and documentary works for broadcast and online distribution.
DIGITAL MEDIA CONSULTANT, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR; NEW YORK, NY & LOS ANGELES, CA (SEPT 2007 – PRESENT)
Worked as an independent contractor on various short and long term contracts as a Digital Media Consultant. Duties include content strategy and production, social media campaign management, SEO, website development, QA testing and coordination with 3rd party vendors.
DIGITAL & INTERACTIVE MEDIA MANAGER, CAAM; SAN FRANCISCO CA (JULY 2010 – OCT 2011)
Worked as the Digital and Interactive Media Manager at the Center for Asian American Media. CAAM is a non-profit media organization that creates original programing for PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) and produces the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival.
- Developed strategies and style guide for new media and social network marketing.
- Produced and developed video content for organization’s blog, YouTube channel and social networks (Facebook, Twitter).
- Wrote original copy for blog entries and social media blasts.
- Acted as an internal technical consultant to other departments for new media and social network needs.
- Provided recommendations for online best practices based on web analytics.
INTERACTIVE PRODUCER, MTV.COM; NEW YORK, NY (FEB 2003 – JULY 2007)
MTV is an American basic cable and satellite television channel. Worked as an Interactive Producer for their website MTV.com.
- Developed, produced and published weekly original online content focused on audience engagement post TV show premiere air date.
- Concurrently managed multiple productions and the timely launches of on-line content for flagship MTV shows such as Laguna Beach, Pimp My Ride, and Punk’d.
- Strategized and project managed the development of new technologies and website features.
- Coordinated with multiple departments including E-commerce, On-air Production, Mobile and Backend Web Development.
FRONT END DEVELOPER, TMP WORLDWIDE; NEW YORK, NY (OCT 2000 – JUNE 2001)
Worked as a Front End Developer for TMP Worldwide, an established international advertising agency.
- Consulted clients, account managers and designers on innovative web solutions.
- Performed search engine optimization and website maintenance.
- Clients include Pace University, H&M, and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals.
CO-FOUNDER & PART-OWNER, RIDING MOWER RECORDS; NEW YORK, NY (APRIL 2000 – PRESENT)
Co-founder and part-owner of independent New York based record label, Riding Mower Records.
- Managed and supervised music licensing deals for Riding Mower artists.
- Maintained Riding Mower Record’s social networks, on-line music stores and web presence.
New York University, Tisch School of the Arts — Bachelor of Fine Arts, Film and TV Production (1995)
New York University, Center For Advanced Digital Applications — Certificate in Digital Production for Entertainment Industries (1998)
- Develop detailed statements of work and efficiently keep projects on budget.
- Lead and inspire teams on content production and create innovative workflows.
- Clearly communicate and direct vendors through application and software development process.
- Devise thorough site plans, comprehensive use cases and all-inclusive design specifications.
- Map-out elaborate user flows and extensive wireframes (with Microsoft Visio, OmniGraffle, Adobe Illustrator).
Social Media Marketing: Strategy and execution, campaign management and scheduling.
Web Analytics: Campaign tracking, user data and traffic analysis. (with Google Analytics)
Content Management Systems: ExpressionEngine, WordPress, Joomla, Ecktron, proprietary CMS (Disney’s Go Publish CMS, MTV’s Uma CMS)
Video Production: Shooting, editing, lighting, location sound recording, HD-DSLR Cameras (Canon C300, C100, XA10, 5D MK III, 7D, GoPro, Lumix GH4) Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro
Digital Audio Production: Encoding and editing, Pro Tools, Audacity, Ableton Live
Digital Still Photography: Canon 5D MKIII, Canon 7D, Canon G12
Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere, After Effects
Front End Development: HTML, PHP, CSS
Physical Fitness: Certified Fitness Trainer (ISSA)
Martial Arts: Doce Pares Multi-Style Eskrima (4th degree black belt, certified instructor), Muay Thai Kickboxing (3 years training), Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Blue belt under Rodrigo Gracie), Bronze Medalist 1998 WEKAF International Filipino Martial Arts Competition.
Music: Drums, Bass, Guitar, Ukulele, Dj-ing/Turntablism.
Action Sports: Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Surfing, Urban Biking.
Culinary Tourism: Traveling to different cities to find the best local eats.